Our volunteers are a critical part of our success in caring for and finding loving forever homes for our animals. You can make a difference! There are a variety of ways individual volunteers contribute to our mission to rescue and provide safe and responsible care for homeless, abandoned, and abused animals. Below are various ways you can help – just contact us and let us know what you would like to do!
- Shelter Volunteer – socialize kittens and puppies and walk adult dogs around our beautiful lake to get them some exercise!
- Cat and Dog Foster Parents - provide temporary housing for homeless pets until permanent, loving homes can be found. ARF pays for the costs associated with veterinary care of our foster pets and our foster parents provide the basic training and love!
- Adoption Event volunteers - transport and handle dogs or cats at adoption events.
- Feral Cat Sponsors - improve the lives of unowned cats in our community by giving a donation to provide spay/neuter surgery and vaccinations to feral cats. Spay/Neuter surgery allows the cats to live out their lives without contributing to the pet overpopulation crisis.
- Animal Transport volunteers – transport animals to veterinary appointments or transport animals from kill-shelters or other locations to the shelter.
- Fundraisers – plan short-term (e.g., bake sales) and long-term events (e.g., Painted Chair Auction, Have-A-Heart Wine Tasting). We are always looking for fresh ideas.
- Grant Writing – help find available grants and assist in writing the grant applications.